Monday 19th November
Road Trip from Brisbane to Sydney and then Melbourne. My remaining time there and the flight to Dubai.
This morning I woke up to a post going off linking me to a video of Christina Aguilera's Lotus performance (which got me a tad excited ;-] ). I also had a quick peek at my blog to realise that it has had 63 views from over the world. I'm not sure if people read the whole lot or not but I totes was not expecting that, how exciting. I just want to go on a blog about alllll my exciting and emotional things that have happened to me on my trip however at the same time I want to have it in order and not go all Paranormal Activity style on your ass. You know, write one thing, then go onto the next and then go onto what happened before the first post. That would be more of a mess than the performance I seen this morning.Either way, thank you for reading this far. If I still kept you that is. I also want to say thank you to my closest friends that have really helped me out you know who you are. I'm 23 years old now and thank you to those of you who have grown up with me over the past few years. This will be a really personal blog to me. I learned a lot of lessons over the past few years. One of the things I truly have had to learn, sometimes the hard way is to trust your own instincts. No matter what people might say about you, no matter what criticism or negativity might come your way - just being who you are and just being yourself is SOOO important. I know I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for those of you close to me.

My remaining time in Brisbane was so busy although I knew that going to Melbourne for two weeks was going to be a busy rat race as well. Julian and I went to MovieWorld Theme Park for a day and had some dinners. Julian, for those that don't know (of) him is my friend on the Gold Coast who has aspirations to become a dress designer. He also made me a few special, one off bow-ties with his label on them - LOVE THEM. Aidan, Joe and I had a big Robina day in which we went bowling and had a few ciders. My work friends from Allianz came out with me to Vapiano's, they are a cool bunch - Anthony Dunne I know you are reading this. Then came Kahlia's big SURPRISE day. She took me to Mt. Cootha for breakfast where we overlooked Brisbane, then got cupcakes and went to a picnic on Southbank where we met Joe. The best was yet to come. On top of the amazing presents (scrap books and One Direction blu-ray and book) Kahlia booked for us to climb the story bridge - i love doing things like that. It was all fun and enticing however I know i'm going to miss these guys sooooo much. They were around for a great chapter in my life.

After packing everything (difficulty), Anthony G flew up for a road trip down to Sydney-Melbourne Town. Driving to Sydney was easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. Apart from packing everything into the car (aka: a million wooden coat hangers). We arrived at Sydney and for some reason we decided to stay at a 'hostel'. The room was arm width length, quite run down. The showers were almost public, infact we had to wear thongs whilst showering because I DID NOT want to catch anything on my feet, people could have pee'd in there. Oh and the room had bunk beds (I had bottom bunk and Anthony had top, of course). He farted and it went straight through the mattress, ew. Anyway the night we spent there we went to our favourite spot - Arq. It was out of control. I mean the moment we got there (tipsy) Anthony spent some time texting on his phone in the middle of the d-floor, so I went and sat down as I was dancing there on my own. Anthony came up to me and had a go at me for walking off and leaving him on his own. We were the 'most' dramatic. jks, all in good fun. i mean, we got to see an Asian Jesus and our song 'CALL ME MAYBE' came on. Upon discussion, to this day we still don't know why that became our song. Anyway that night I ended up staying at my friends(Cale) hotel. I was not saying no to five star accommodation over the hostel. oh me. I believe my hostel room was taken up anyway.
The next day on the drive to Melbourne town, I was SOOO tired. Anthony and my trip was fun. Playing songs and dancing in the car. We got snoozy and i'm not sure how but we ended up on the wrong side of the road. awks. I may or may not have killed us, on the inside. Anf called up his friends to tell them, which did actually make me feel guilty and like i had the world on my shoulders, a big black heavy world. It was really good to spend quality time with one of your best friends like that. I think going on road trips really gets the DnM's out, i like that and feel like it really helps mould a good friendship. Don't get me wrong, we have our crazy times where there are ABC's included, a few $100's and no memory but what's on the camera the next day. Being silly, being a boy and having fun is important.
Upon arrival in Melbs I went straight to my mums house which was lovely and welcoming. It was roughly 2am. Mum was waiting up with her cat to make me a coffee and had the heater on and hear all about my trip. She made the bed up for me and I got a well, long nights sleep. I think having that comfort around family and knowing someone is there to take care of you is great. Especially when you have a million thoughts running through your head and your scared about whats coming up. The next few days were so busy. Mum wanting to see me as much as she could, I stayed a few nights at Rhys's house. My bed is actually at his house so it's kind of like having a bedroom there. One thing I do miss is my queen size bed. Rhys, is actually my best friend in the world. We have known each other since year 8 and we just have that friendship where ... well I can't even explain it. We have been through so much and conquered a lot as friends. I actually look up to him and I feel so lucky and honoured to have him as my best friend, it also extends out into his family like his mum Christine. When I was having tough times from my dad and afraid at home they were always there and I still don't know if they know how much that means to me.
Trying to fit all of my friends and family into a few days was crazy. I got to see most of them which made me feel special and like a socialite. My nonna and nonno seemed very happy for me but wanted to ensure that I do come home soon. At this stage, my sister Olivia was pregnant with my first niece and her second child. I was so happy and excited for her although I knew I wasn't going to be there for the birth which tore me apart a little bit. I spent some time with her, well as much as we both could and I just hope she knows how much I love her.
The final days before leaving Peter came down. Peter was this random American that I had met traveling in Brisbane and with very little persuasion (well actually, a joke) I joked that he should come to Dubai-UK on my trip. Well.... he ended up booking the trip :| We have two completely opposite personalities and different opinions on things. I am EXTREMELY easy going and I try to not take too much seriously. He, well... his American, not other description needed.
The date got to July 8th. Rhys, my mum, Catherine and Paul took Peter and I to the airport, which I appreciate and cherish SO MUCH. Anthony was meant to come and say a final goodbye but him and his boyfriend passed out -_- yeah I was let down because I wanted to see him one last time but we had the road trip together which was MEGA fun.Destination - DUBAI. Feeling - Nervous, scared, excited, unprepared, unsure but so sure at the same time. This was the beginning. I had to say goodbye to the scared child inside.
Mini bottles of wine and hours of watching plane movies later the plane had landed. Have you seen Disney's Aladdin? Well I compare Dubai to that although I was only there for 2 days. The temperature was 39 degree's which was a change from the Melbourne winter of 15 degrees. I went to the worlds largest shopping mall, went land cruising through the dessert and rode a camel on the sand dunes. Dubai is a world like no other.
I know there are a lot of unusual (well different from Australian) laws. I was unsure if what I was wearing was even appropriate there. Every limo driver Peter and I had would just ask me about the cricket. For those of you that don't know, I haven't ever watched cricket. Where's your magic carpet? oh snap.
The two days came to an end and it was time for Peter and I to head back to Dubai airport. Excited as hell we headed for the plane, all packed. Destination, London.
...to be continued......shortly..........


No comments:
Post a Comment