I realised today, Sunday 11th November 2012 that it has already been almost 5 months of living in London, UK. That bought it upon me to look back at how it came to this situation.
This input is just explaining my trip from Melbourne - Brisbane in early 2011.... The beginning.
It was the start of 2011 when Rhys and I went to visit Kahlia in Brisbane for a few days as a mini holiday. I don't really know what it was but when I got back home from the trip, something just told me I needed to go explore and get away, lose myself and find myself again. I wasn't too happy with the direction my life was going in and just wanted to test myself. A few months later, in August 2011 Rhys was accompanying me on a road trip from Melbourne to Brisbane helping me move there. The road trip was so much fun. Sunny days, the big banana, seeing family friends along the coast, our road trip play list. Ahhh good days.
On the arrival few days, Rhys stayed. Spending time with Rhys and Kahlia is always the best. I really am so lucky to have them two friends. *thinks back to the video when moving into my room: you can shove it up your asssssss....TRENT LOVES BIG ASAIN ***K* oh Rhys.
I wasn't too sure what I wanted to get out of moving to Brisbane, but I do know that I wanted change and to really find who I am and what I want in life.
A friend of Kahlia's, Dirk, referred me to a job at Allianz medical/travel assistance. I didn't know it at the start but as I progressed there I ended up actually loving it. I learnt so much about nursing/medical assistance and learnt so much more about countries and the world. I think working there got my teeth into the piece of meat, which is traveling.
Living with Kahlia was possibly one of the best things ever. I think the more and more we spent time together, the closer we became and were an influence on each other. Having stir-Fridays, ciders, crazy clown experiences etc really put me into a happy place. I was actually loving life and became happier with myself. She is one of the most beautiful and inspirational people I know.

I was quite selective with the people I would become friends with in Brisbane. I wanted to have fun but also be around people I feel inspired and ambitious with. The people I became friends with are great, they all have high dreams and goals. I know they will make it far with what it is they are doing . I actually felt a sense of comfort and acceptance in such a positive way, which I believe is so important.
After working in an inspirational atmosphere where I would hear about traveling each day, I got the urge to travel. Kahlia had invited me on her trip to the United States in which I was keen to accompany her on. I had then asked my friend from Melbourne, Nathan. We discussed it and came to a decision we should move to the UK for a few months. I turned into this crazy UK planning enthusiast and got mega excited. Later on, in March when Kahlia, Nathan and I met up in Sydney for the Mardi Gra it got to the point where I wanted to book tickets for the trip to the UK as it was getting sooner to the arranged date. Nathan bailed. daaannnngg! I didn't want to go on my own, I was scared and worried about being on my own. I thought to myself, screw this. I want to see how much confidence I have on my own and take the big step. $1400 AUD later my flight from Melbourne-Dubai-London was booked. It was a big emotional and empowering step for me. I was ready for this big step of excitement. Next post: coming soon....


Trent!!!! <3 you're amazing :-)
ReplyDeleteIm glad i finally met you just before you left. You're one of very very few people in my life with aspirations. I have no friends in my life here that inspire me. They are all boring poo poo heads that don't think to the future..
I kept planning to move away from this place,things were boring but im in a great place at the moment so as soon as i finish uni next year im getting out of this place. Im gonna travel so far away to places i haven't been. Try strange foods. Meet new people and just broaden my knowledge of life and i can't wait. :-)
miss youuuuu :) xo